alfanar’s pavilion receives prominent attention at MEE 2018
- The region’s leading trade event for the power and electricity sector, MEE 2018, was officially inaugurated by H.H. Sheikh Ahmad bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA), at the Dubai World Trade Center, running from March 6 – 8, 2018. As the Platinum sponsor of MEE 2018, alfanar welcomed visitors and participants from around the world to its expanded pavilion, where within the ample space of the pavilion alfanar showcased a new line-up of products and solutions from its’ different business units.
- The pavilion attracted the attention of VIP’s from various countries, including ambassadors, government officials, and senior-level industry decision makers, who were greatly impressed by the display of the latest collections of high-tech electrical product innovations and equipment including switches and sockets, LV, MV, HV power cables, special applications cables, distribution transformers, power distribution and control panels of low and medium voltage, and protection panels.
- The exhibition also served as a platform to unveil alfanar’s newest product portfolio for Smart Grid technology, Substation Automation Systems (SAS), Distribution Automation Systems (DAS), and comprehensive electrical solutions to meet the requirements of the Gulf and Middle Eastern countries as well as the Saudi market. Also on display were the latest models of alfanar extension cords and a wide variety of LED lighting products.
- The pavilion featured alfanar products and solutions produced in its manufacturing facilities from around the world, including “KOPP” in Germany, “CONTACTUM” in UK, “ZIV” in Spain, “EA” in Italy and “SFA” in Turkey.
- alfanar Construction Division presented its unique engineering services, represented by testing and commissioning, the training institute, operations and maintenance solutions, technical services - including repairing and rewinding services for motors, transformers and generators, and introduced its expansion plans to penetrate new markets in Gulf and Arab countries and the Saudi market.
- A highlight of MEE 2018 included alfanar’s demonstrations of the latest solutions and techniques for solar CSP (concentrating solar power), PV (photovoltaic) systems, and wind farms. These informative demonstrations featured the options for development, financing, design, engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance of conventional and renewable projects, and were of great interest to pavilion visitors.
- Alongside MEE 2018, alfanar conducted technical seminars presented by qualified engineers and specialists on the latest technologies in renewable energy, power transmission and distribution, and organized a comprehensive program for its clients from Saudi Arabia, Gulf States, and many other countries around the world, which included a visit to the alfanar pavilion at the MEE Exhibition and the alfanar factory in Dubai where clients had an opportunity to see the production stages and modern techniques used in the manufacturing process. The visitors expressed their admiration and interest in the advanced technical level adopted by alfanar that provide customers high-quality products that meet the highest levels of safety and security.
- Middle East Electricity is recognized globally as the most important event dedicated to showcasing the latest technologies, electrical products and services across five dedicated sectors: power generation, transmission and distribution, lighting, solar and energy storage and management.
- It is worth to mention that MEE 2018 hosted 23 country pavilions, including Saudi Arabia, Austria, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, UK, and the USA. The event this year featured more than 1,600 exhibitors from 66 countries, eager to impress the 21200 visiting industry professionals with their latest innovations, solutions, and products for the expanding regional power market.
Iraq Minister of Industry and Minerals visits alfanar Industrial City
- In line with the continued cooperation between alfanar and the Iraq Ministry of Industry and Minerals, a high-level delegation headed up by H.E. Mohamed Shayya Al Sudani, Iraq Minister of Industry and Minerals and the Saudi Arabia Deputy Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources, Eng. Saleh Al-Sulami, paid a special visit to alfanar Industrial City to witness the technological advancement of alfanar’s industrial arm. The delegation was warmly received by Mr. Raed Al Eid, Sales & Marketing Vice President, AED and alfanar department and factory managers.
- During the visit, the delegation toured the production lines which included the Distribution Boards and Standard Products, LV and MV Switchgear, Distribution and Substations Automation factories. The visitors witnessed the various rigorous tests that the products undergo to ensure they comply with the highest safety and quality standards.
- The delegation viewed the latest alfanar corporate film and presentation on the company’s activities, followed by a discussion on ways to further develop a mutually beneficial business cooperation in various areas.
- On the conclusion of the visit, The Iraq Minister expressed his appreciation to alfanar for organizing the tour of the factories and his admiration for the technologically advanced processes being applied throughout the organization and wished alfanar future success.
alfanar unveils its latest renewable energy solutions at Hannover MESSE 2018
- In line with alfanar’s mandate to expand its business activities and promote itself as a leading provider of integrated solutions for conventional and sustainable energy, the company recently participated in the Hannover MESSE International Industrial Fair 2018, the world's largest showcase for industrial technology that was held in Hannover, Germany, from April 23rd to 27th, 2018.
- The 2018 edition of the exhibition was inaugurated by the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, along with the President of Mexico, Peña Nieto, as the official country partner.
- The Hannover MESSE Exhibition served as a platform for alfanar to unveil its latest renewable energy solutions and techniques for solar CSP (concentrating solar power), PV (photovoltaic) systems, wind farms and biomass, as well as its advanced product portfolio for Smart Grid Technology, Substation Automation Systems (SAS), Distribution Automation Systems (DAS), Distribution Transformers, Power Distribution and Control Panels of low and medium voltage, and Protection Panels.
- alfanar also showcased its innovative collections of high-tech electrical products and equipment that conform to various global quality standards. These products include Switches and Sockets, LV, MV, HV Power Cables, and Special Applications Cables that are manufactured in alfanar’s network of manufacturing facilities around the world, including alfanar Industrial City, Riyadh, KSA, “KOPP” in Germany, “CONTACTUM” in UK, “ZIV” in Spain, “EA” in Italy and “SFA” in Turkey.
- Under the motto of “Integrated Industry – Connect & Collaborate”, more than 210,000 visitors, 70,000 of which were from outside Germany, seized the opportunity to explore the innovative products on display by the 5,800 exhibitors from 70 nations. This year’s five-day Hannover MESSE Industrial Fair brought together eleven flagship fairs under a single umbrella, making it an ideal platform for the convergence of exhibitors, investors and companies to network and view the latest industrial technologies.
Saudi Arabian Deputy Minister of Labor and Social Development visits alfanar Industrial City
- In line with alfanar’s efforts to support the Kingdom’s 2030 vision for the localization of professions and expanding new horizons for Saudi Youth, a high-level delegation from the Ministry of Labor & Social Development, headed by Deputy Minister of Labor Affairs, Eng. Ghazi Al Shahrani, paid a special visit to alfanar Industrial City.
- The delegation received a warm w elcome from Mr. Abdul Salam Al Mutlaq, alfanar Chairman, Mr. Badr Al Matrafi, Recruitment Manager, Miss Fatma Abdul-Aali, Employee Relations Manager and other department managers.
- During the visit, the delegation toured the production lines which included the Distribution Boards and Standard Products, LV and MV Switchgear, Cables and Wires, Electrical Switches and Sockets, Circuit Breakers and Transformer factories, and the Ladies Section where more than 700 Saudi females are employed. The delegation further witnessed the various rigorous tests that products undergo to ensure they comply with the highest safety and quality standards.
- After the tour, the visitors viewed the latest alfanar corporate film and a presentation on the company’s activities, followed by a discussion on alfanar’s strategic plans for the localization of Saudi youth and explored avenues to empower the potential employees.
- On the conclusion of the visit, the Deputy Minister expressed his appreciation to alfanar for organizing the tour and his admiration of the advanced technological, administrative and managerial processes being applied throughout the organization and wished all the best to the company.
alfanar participates in the Water, Energy, Technology and Environment Exhibition (WETEX 2018)
- alfanar participated in the 20th Water, Energy, Technology and Environment Exhibition (WETEX 2018) as the event’s strategic sponsor. The internationally recognized exhibition was held at the Dubai International Exhibition Center, from October 23-25, 2018. WETEX, an annual exhibition, is organized by Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA).
- Under the theme ‘At the forefront of sustainability’, H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, UAE Minister of Finance, and President of DEWA, inaugurated the exhibition in the presence of senior officials and specialists from the GCC energy sector, regional and international power company CEOs, and power sector experts and engineers. In his inauguration speech, His Highness asserted the importance of this event as a unique platform for the companies working in the clean and renewable energy, power and water, and oil and gas sectors to promote the latest techniques, solutions, projects and products in renewable and sustainable energy and meet with decision makers, investors and potential customers from around the globe.
- alfanar’s unique stand attracted the attention of many visitors, including H.E. Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, MD and CEO of DEWA, who was interested in hearing of alfanar Energy’s plans for renewable and sustainable energy. Demonstrations of the latest solutions and techniques for the development, financing, design, engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance of conventional and renewable projects, including solar CSP (concentrating solar power), PV (photovoltaic) systems and wind farms were featured for stand visitors.
- alfanar unveiled its latest collection of low and medium voltage switchgears, cables, transformers and the smart ring main unit (RMU). The RMU is a newly developed product adapted for smart grid technology as part of alfanar’s ambitious program to localize the manufacturing of high voltage gas insulated switchgears up to 145kV. This globally advanced technology will serve the energy sector throughout the Kingdom and neighboring regions.
- alfanar Engineering Services showcased its professional expertise in integrated solutions, including testing and commissioning, operations and maintenance solutions, technical services for repair and rewinding of motors, transformers and generators.
- The global appeal of the three-day event was confirmed by the participation of more than 2100 exhibitors from 53 countries who attended WETEX to showcase their innovative products and techniques. The event is an opportunity for participants to develop and exchange information and knowledge with international and GCC experts on power generation, transmission and distribution, and methods of interconnecting the regional Power Grid utilizing the most advanced solutions.
The Projects Management Academy (PMA) launches its 3rd batch
- In continuation of its efforts in developing the human resource skills and capabilities, alfanar has recently announced the launch of the 3rd batch of the Projects Management Academy (PMA) after successfully graduating 17 engineers from the first batch in 2012 and the second batch in 2016. These graduates of the PMA program will now take their place in alfanar future leaders.
- The 3rd batch is comprising of 16 engineers, 10 from the Construction division and 6 from the Industrial division, who will contribute to creating a versatile and intellectual environment during the 2-year PMA sessions. During the orientation session, which was held on March 8th, 2018, Mr. Moustafa Hassaan the acting training manager presented the Academy program framework, execution methodology, batch scheduling, PMA process and procedures of the extensive two-year program.
- Mr. Ahmed Saad, General Manager Project Execution P&W, delivered a motivating welcome speech to the participants as he articulated the importance of the PMA program and its effective influence of the previous PMA graduates and their valuable contribution to the company and for their future careers. The main pillar of PMA’s success can be attributed to alfanar Construction’s top management, and the direct support of Mr. Abdullah Al Hammad, President, alfanar Construction, and Mr. Jamal Wadi, Vice President - EPC, alfanar Construction.
- The third batch of PMA includes participants among all alfanar Business units, including the construction and industrial divisions who have passed the PMA assessment and interviews as part of the program requirements.
alfanar signs agreements with LSIS to localize the industry of medium voltage vacuum breakers
- Based on the memorandum of understanding that was signed with the Korean company on the sidelines of MEE Exhibition, Dubai 2017, a new agreement has been signed recently in the presence of alfanar Chairman, Engineer Abdul Salam Al Mutlaq, to localize medium voltage breakers industry, on 23rd April 2017 at alfanar head office.
- The ratified agreement includes a license from LSIS allowing alfanar to localize the technology and to manufacture the medium voltage vacuum breakers inside its premises. Besides, LSIS will supply the components of the breaker, so that it can be assembled and tested in the medium voltage factory. On the other hand, LSIS undertakes the installation of an automated production and testing line in alfanar that will be identical with the one owned by LSIS in Korea, thereby upgrading the production capacity of alfanar in order to cover the regional markets with the highest quality products, knowing that this production line is considered as one of the newest in manufacturing medium voltage vacuum breakers worldwide.
- It is worth to mention that, the localization of the industry will enhance the strategic partnership between the two companies.
CEO of Saudi Electricity Company Official Visit to alfanar Industrial City
- A VIP delegation from Saudi Electricity Company, led by the Chief Executive Officer, Eng. Ziyad Mohammed Al-Shiha, visited alfanar Industrial City recently to witness the diverse capabilities of alfanar’s industrial arm and the EPC contracting division and to discuss the potential opportunities of future business cooperation.
- The delegation was marked by the presence of the National Grid CEO Eng. Laith Al Bassam, and his team, which included VPs Eng. Mansoor Al Qahtani, Eng. Khaled AL Rashed, Mr. Suleiman Al Hobishi and other SEC department managers. The delegation was received by alfanar Chairman Eng. Abdul Salam Al Mutlaq along with Vice Chairman, Eng. Sabah Al Mutlaq, Eng. Abdullah Al Hamad, President alfanar Construction, Eng. Raed Al Eid VP Sales & Marketing and other department managers.
- The visit strengthens the longstanding business relationship between alfanar and SEC and highlights the strategic role of SEC in encouraging the national electrical industry. Eng. Ziyad expressed his gratitude of the effective efforts of alfanar and other national companies in the role they play in nationalizing the electrical industry in the Kingdom. He emphasized the shared vision of the two companies to expand and empower the national electrical industry that will have a positive impact on the Kingdom’s economy and its achievement of the 2030 Vision goals.
- The delegation toured alfanar’s various factories within the Industrial City, where they viewed the advanced manufacturing processes as well as the rigorous quality and safety tests conducted on the products.
- The SEC CEO and the accompanying delegates were impressed by the state of the art technology implemented throughout the factory production lines and facilities of alfanar Industrial City. Mr. Al-Shiha clearly stated, “We admire alfanar’s plans in nationalizing jobs and training of Saudi youth on new techniques in managing and operating its factories.” Mr. Al-Shiha pointed out that alfanar has played a major role as a SEC trusted partner, and who they count on for their current and future requirements.
- Mr. Al-Shiha added, “The SEC will continue to support national industry and national suppliers and will provide all the requirements and financial studies to facilitate their current and future ventures.”
- The delegation later met with top management, where they were shown the company's various services and products portfolio. The delegation was briefed about the Construction division and its contribution to support and execute the Kingdoms’ Power grid by successful completion of various power generation and distribution projects. alfanar Energy presented its plans for renewable energy development projects featuring the latest innovative technologies in support of the Kingdom’s renewable energy plans.
- The SEC and alfanar signed a memorandum of understanding on Research and Development and training pertaining to the international power grid market. Further discussions involved the cooperation of the two companies to achieve the 2030 Vision goals with focus on improving the power electricity sector, sustainable development and the nationalization of the industry.
alfanar new SAS system endorsed by National Grid-SA
- Yet another accolade is bagged by alfanar, the first Saudi company provides SAS system (Substation automation system up to 380Kv) to the National Grid Saudi Arabia. alfanar’s commitment to product innovation has always been synonymous with superior customer experience and satisfaction with high performance products.
- alfanar SAS system is manufactured in conjunction with its system Integrator partner, Sprecher-Automation, an Austrian based and one of the leading European companies which offers switch gears and automation solutions for energy, industry and infrastructure Purposes.
- The attainment is considered as a big leap for alfanar electric, which is not only focused to bring the latest technologies to the Kingdom rather benefit from the Knowledge transfer to alfanar factories.
- For the past two and half years, stringent and rigorous efforts had been done, which includes several visits to the NG head office –Riyadh, and to arrange seminars for NG engineers in all their four divisions (Central, East, West& South). Several questions have been answered and open discussions were conducted about the SAS system based on the prearranged SAS Demo system.
- In line with that, NG engineers initiated audit visits to alfanar Automation factory in Riyadh and to Sprecher Automation factory in Austria. The NG engineering team was impressed at the extent of the technical advancement level of alfanar for technology settlement and Knowledge transfer to the Saudi market in a professional way.
- The achievement of alfanar will trigger to strengthen its capacity to the next level, where its prominence will be much stronger not only in Saudi but also in the GCC markets, thereby ensuring its capability to supply full electrical solutions to customer from cables, transformers, LV products and MV products to Supervisory and control systems, such as SAS (Substation Automation System).
- It is worth to mention that the automation factory is keen and steadily following its ambitious plan by building strategic partnership with international companies, resulting in Knowledge transfer and thereby providing sustainable solutions to the Smart Grid market, such as DAS (Distribution Automation System), SRMU (Smart Ring Main Unit) and Smart Metering, etc.
- As part of the new goals of 2030 vision, the Saudi government opens up the interest to explore the possibilities of next generation green & renewable energy. The smart solutions provided by alfanar to the Saudi market will always conform to the highest quality and safety standards.
SEC honors alfanar with the most distinguished supplier award
- Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) recently organized the 5th Suppliers Forum to discuss the company’s future plans, as well as honor its most key suppliers for 2015.
- As one of the distinguished and important suppliers in the Distribution sector, alfanar, represented by Mr. Raed Al Eid, General Manager – Project Sales, was honored with a shield of excellence by Mr. Ziyad Alshiha, President and CEO of Saudi Electricity Co.
- In the year 2015, alfanar emerged as one of the top suppliers for the Distribution sector, starting with an order for the supply of 127 ring main units (SFA). It went on to supply various other distribution products worth SR 691 million for 2015, including 8,500kms of low and medium voltage cables worth SR437 million and 4,150 transformers worth SR 243 million to the various projects of Saudi Electricity Company.
- While honoring distinguished vendors, Mr. Ziyad stressed that the SEC considered vendors as true partners and supporters within the process of improving and developing electrical services to customers in the entire Kingdom.
alfanar takes part as the key supplier of MV cables for the Riyadh Metro project with 260 MSAR awarded contracts
- With 260 MSAR awarded contracts, alfanar takes part in the project inauguration of 33KV electrical supply, as the key supplier of MV cables for the Riyadh Metro project
- The Inauguration ceremony for the 33KV Electrical Supply of King Abdul Aziz Public Transport Project (Riyadh Metro) was held on Sunday 20/12/2015 under the patronage of Mr. Tarek Al Fares, Vice Undersecretary, Higher Commission for the Development of Riyadh and Eng. Mosaid Al Jubair, Central Region Head, Saudi Electricity Company.
- Being a key strategic partner for the landmark project, alfanar received a special invitation to the Inauguration ceremony as a token of merit for its prominent performance in manufacturing & supply 93% of 33KV Medium voltage cables for the Riyadh Metro project totaling to 1,115kms in length and amounting to SR 263 million.
- It is worth mentioning that six major contractors are participating in the excavation & laying of 500KM of underground cables to cover the project in Riyadh, which require manufacturing & supply 1200KM of underground cables, adding up the project value to 730 million.
- Representatives from alfanar attended the inauguration ceremony, included Mr. Abdul Rahman AL Ahmed, Vice President – Marketing Communications, Mr. Raed Al Eid, General Manger - Sales & Marketing, Mr. Amer AL Malouhi, and Executive Manager – Projects Sales and Mr. Ahmed Abbas Imam Senior Sales Engineer
- This project is marked as one of the biggest achievements of the alfanar projects Sales team, whose cooperation with contractors leads to smooth operation and execution.
alfanar strengthens its global presence by acquiring German- based industrial firm Heinrich Kopp
- alfanar, one of the leading companies in Saudi Arabia with market leadership in electrical products and construction, recently announced that it is finalizing the statutory procedures for the 100% acquisition of the shares in German based Heinrich Kopp from Palero Invest, in a bid to strengthen and expand its global presence.
- Heinrich Kopp is a well-known brand in the European market specializing in the manufacturing of switchgears and other household control systems. The acquisition will include all the company’s operations across Europe, including facilities in Wijchen (Netherlands), Vienna (Austria), Messaadine (Tunisia), in addition to the main manufacturing center at Kahl, Germany.
- Mr. Abdulsalam Al Mutlaq, Chairman, alfanar group, during the announcement stated, “The acquisition comes at a time where alfanar is aggressively involved in expanding its product portfolio and the markets it operates in as well as reaching out to new markets”. He further added that, “by this acquisition, alfanar will further have access to the European markets and enhance its industrial capabilities in the Kingdom.”
- Upon completion of the deal, alfanar will also transfer The 550 workforce of Heinrich Kopp, adding to its already 22,000 strong employees.
- From a modest start in 1976, alfanar has grown through the years, to become one of the formidable and leading companies in Electrical manufacturing, which includes manufacturing of all electrical products for construction industry and related engineering services running several design and development centers and a number of factories in Middle East, Asia, and Europe. The company is also involved in the development and construction of renewable and conventional power as well as in providing ancillary engineering services.